Quick and easy to make sweet potato and mince bake recipe topped with egg is a hearty meal for the whole family.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 250g lean beef mince
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 410g tin chopped tomatoes, blended
- 1 x 410g tin beans, such as butter beans or sugar beans, rinsed and drained
- 120g frozen peas
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into cubed and par-boiled
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and over a medium heat add the onion, garlic, chili, and pepper, and cook for a few seconds, continuously stirring.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Add the mince, season well and cook until cooked through, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the beans, peas, potatoes, and parsley.
- Spoon into a casserole dish, crack the eggs on top and bake until the eggs are cooked, for about 5 minutes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please rate this recipe
Recipe and image courtesy South African Poultry Association (SAPA)