A generous, filling vegetarian recipe. The curry sauce you use depends on taste. Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauce is mild, whereas the Tikka Curry Coat & Cook Sauce is quite hot.
- 4 medium, 550 g (preferably orange variety) sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into rings
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman’s Masala Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T (15 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 small chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 3 ripe red tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 x 400 g can lentils, drained
- ½ cup (125 ml) coconut milk\
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Tikka Curry or Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauces
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Coriander Pesto
- a few springs of fresh coriander (optional)
Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 200°C.
Toss the sweet potato with the Masala Spice and oil.
Even out on a baking paper lined baking sheet or pan.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until brown and cooked. Keep on one side in the serving dish, cover to keep warm.
Melt the butter in a frying pan, season the onion with Green Onion Seasoning and sauté the onion in the butter until golden and soft.
Add the garlic, ginger and chilli (if using) and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Stir through and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
Pour the sauce over the roasted sweet potatoes.
Garnish with blobs of Coriander Pesto and fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with rice, poppadums and sambal salads.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of culinary entrepreneur Ina Paarman