Recipe for a quick and simple chicken noodle soup.
- 100g (3.5oz) vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ¼ bunch parsley, stalks finely chopped & leaves picked
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 cup (1L) chicken stock, salt reduced
- 360g (12.7oz) chicken breast, free-range where possible
- ½ head broccoli, florets finely chopped
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- lemon, in segments (to serve)
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles as per the packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat. Add the leek, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley and turmeric and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, carefully place the chicken breasts into the saucepan. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, use tongs to remove the chicken from the stock. Allow the chicken to cool slightly before shredding it with a knife and fork.
- Once the chicken has been shredded, return it to the saucepan with the vermicelli noodles and the broccoli florets. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the soup across three bowls and top with parsley leaves and lemon wedges.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please rate this recipe
Recipe by Jessica Sepel courtesy of JS health , a health and lifestyle blog