Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:05 pm
Chicken doesn’t have to be roasted all the time. For something a little different and bursting with flavour, try these delicious chicken-filled pastries for dinner. The kids will love them!
- 1 can (410g) KOO Creamed Sweet Corn
- 400g frozen puff pastry
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 50g butter or margarine
- 2 tbs dry white wine (optional)
- Melt butter or margarine and fry chicken for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lightly fry spring onions and mushrooms.
- Add the sweet corn, wine, coriander and seasoning.
- Roll the pastry out and cut into four equal squares.
- Place a slice of ham in the centre of each square.
- Spread with a spoonful of sauce. Top with chicken and more sauce. Dampen edges of the pastry squares and fold corners to the centre to make a parcel.
- Seal by pinching the edges together and brush with egg.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake in oven for 25 minutes on 180°C.
For more meal inspiration and scrumptious recipes, visit www.koo.co.za.