Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:04 pm
Yes, curried mince and cheese and sweetcorn samoosas have their place, and are very much loved. But, your family will love these delicious white chocolate milk tart samoosas for a sweet treat.
- Samoosa wrappers (about 40)
- 4 cups milk
- 30g butter
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Staffords Bourbon Vanilla Extract with seeds
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 100g Staffords White Chocolate Disks
- Water to assemble
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Staffords Cinnamon & Sugar Shaker
How to make your samoosas:
- Slowly heat the 4 cups milk, butter and cinnamon sticks until just before boiling point.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and pour in the hot milk and whisk continuously until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot and put on medium heat.
- Let it cook through for a couple of minutes while stirring continuously.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract and add to the mixture. Cook through.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the white chocolate disks until melted and incorporated.
- Cover the chocolate milk tart mixture with clingfilm on the surface and cool completely.
- To help seal the samosas, make a slurry mixture with a little flour and water.
- Spoon or pipe the cooled mixture onto the samoosa wrappers, wash the edges with the water and flour slurry and fold into well sealed
- Deep fry at 200˚C for a couple of seconds until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Staffords Cinnamon & Sugar and serve immediately.