If you were wondering what to prepare for dinner tonight, local chef Zola Nene may just have the answer, with her simple and delicious sweetcorn and cheddar risotto that you can make in the microwave.
“Making risotto doesn’t have to be tedious… especially when you do it in the microwave! I let my LG NeoChef do all the hard work for me,” she says.
Watch her easy step-by-step video to make risotto in the microwave below:
View this post on Instagram
Making risotto doesn’t have to be tedious… especially when you do it in the microwave! I let my @lgsouthafrica Neo Chef do all the hard work for me. Try my simple and delicious recipe and let me know what you think – find the full recipe on zolanene.com . . #zolanene #lgneochef #risotto #microwave #corn #sweetcorn #dinner #yummy #food #recipe
* Serves 4
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 ½ cups Arborio or risotto rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tin creamed sweetcorn
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Place the olive oil, butter, onion, garlic and thyme into a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and 2 cups of stock, stir well, then return to the microwave for 3 minutes on full power.
- Stir in the creamed sweetcorn and return to the microwave for 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining stock and cheese, then return to the microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 2 minutes, then stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve.
Although this microwave risotto only takes 15 minutes to make, there’s no sacrificing flavour here – the result is a deliciously creamy, cheesy and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.
You might also like:
Roasted chickpeas are an excellent afternoon snack and a healthy alternative to potato crisps. Make your own at home with this easy recipe compliment of Pouyoukas Foods.
It’s much cheaper to make your own trail mix. Mix and match to suite your taste.
Serve with crudités and avocado and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese dip for a lunch snack.
This roast stuffed tomato recipe is simple and easy to make. Serve it as a meal on its own or as a side dish at a braai.
Fruit smoothies are a healthier alternative to cold drinks and sweetened juices, and even more delicious.
Please rate this recipe