No piggies were roasted in the making of this delicious Christmas roast.
This vegetarian twist on a traditional Christmas roast gammon has all the indulgence of a Christmas meal and none of the meat or pork.
- 2 packs of Fry’s Slicing Sausage / Polony
- 1 small tin of Pineapple pieces
- 8 Cloves, plus extra for studding the polony
- 1 Onion, peeled, halved
- 2 large Bay leaves
- 8 Cherries
2 tbsp Brown sugar
1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
Juice from Pineapple pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the polonies in half lengthwise. Score 3 or 4 deep lines across the polonies and decorate with pineapple pieces and cherries.
- Push two cloves into each onion half and add to the pan along with the bay leaves.
- Mix the brown sugar mustard and pineapple juice to a think paste and pour over the decorated polonies.
- Roast the “game on” in the oven for 40 minutes, basting frequently with the glaze and pan juices, until cooked through and golden-brown.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Fry’s Family Food