It’s never too early to get your children hooked on healthy food. Give them a good dose of veggies with this plant-based pasts dish that is both nutritious and entertaining.
- 1 box Fry’s Chickpea and Quinoa Falafels
- Spaghetti, pasta or veggie noodles of your choice – we used spinach and cauliflower noodles
- Vegan cheese slices for the monster’s body
- Radishes or mushrooms for teeth
- Avocado slices for monster horns
- A handful of green peas, cooked
- For the Green Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 10 almonds
- splash of lemon juice
- ½ cup avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegan ‘Parmesan’ (see below)
- For the Vegan ‘Parmesan’
- 100 g raw cashews
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
To make the Green Sauce:
- Blitz all of the ingredients together using a Nutribullet, jug or stick blender to form a smooth sauce. Add more oil if necessary to reach your preferred consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and lemon juice.
To make the Vegan ‘Parmesan’:
- Blitz all of the ingredients together using a jug blender to form a fine powder. Store in an airtight container.
To Assemble your Monster:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Place the Fry’s Chickpea and Quinoa Falafels onto a baking tray and bake for 15-30 minutes until heated through.
- Cook the spaghetti, pasta or veggie noodles according to packet instructions.
- Use vegan or dairy-free cheese slices to create the body of your monster. Radishes or mushrooms can be used to cut out teeth.
- If using spaghetti, dress with a coating of the green sauce.
- On a serving plate, create the body of the monster using pasta or veggie noodles and add the Falafels as a mountain element. Fill in the base with peas.
- Place all of the elements to create the monster image (body, teeth, eye and horns).
- Serve with extra green sauce for dipping and extra vegan ‘Parmesan’ on the side.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
WARNING: You might never buy peanut butter again after making this tasty and low-effort homemade peanut butter recipe
Rich in fibre from the oats, potassium from the bananas and antioxidants from the blueberries these blueberry oats bites are a win for you and your child.
Arrange the Sea Harvest Fish Fingers and McCain Smiles onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Season with salt as soon as they come out of the oven.
A Friday night treat for the whole family! Complete with delicious homemade tartar sauce.
Ready in 30 minutes! A tasty meal the whole family will love. Crisp & Chunky with McCain Hawaiian Stir Fry and Sweet & Sour Sauce
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Fry family foods