Easy peasy recipe for pink marshmallow ice cream
200g large marshmallows (I used only pink ones)
pinch of salt
50g mini marshmallows
- How to
Spread the large marshmallows out onto a lined baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 230°C on the grill setting.
- Place your mini marshmallows onto a lined baking tray and grill for about 1 minute, watching closely (these little guys can burn quickly).
- Remove the paper and marshmallows from the tray and place in the freezer until needed. This makes them much easier to remove and add to the ice cream later.
- Grill the large marshmallows for 1-2 minutes, watching them all the time.
- Heat the milk, cream and salt together until boiling, then remove from the heat.
- Once grilled to your liking, add the marshmallows (only the large ones) to the hot cream mixture and stir until mostly dissolved (some crispy bits may
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature then refrigerate for a few hours until cold.
- Pour the mixture into the metal bowl of your ice cream maker and churn for about 2 hours, or until the ice cream is ready.
- Pour a third of the ice cream into a container or loaf tin, then sprinkle a third of the grilled (and frozen) mini-mallows on top. Repeat with a second layer, and then a third until you have used all the ice cream and finished with a layer of mini mallows.
- Freeze the mixture for a few hours, until set.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please rate this recipe
This recipe and photo provided by and copyright to Astrid Field from the Sweet Rebellion. Visit The Sweet Rebellion website, and see more of her delectable sweet treat recipes