There’s nothing like some roosterbrood for comfort and nostalgia.
While there’s little to beat a warm fresh roosterbrood with butter and apricot jam, we also love this recipe for a savoury version. Three delicious ingredients together – you can’t go wrong!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500 g white bread dough
- 4 tsp BOVRIL (or to taste)
- 2 whole camembert wheels, halved horizontally
- 1 x 250g packet of streaky bacon
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, toasted in a pan until golden in olive oil
- 4 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli
- Melted butter for brushing
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces and roll out into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Smear with 1 tsp BOVRIL.
- Top with one half camembert.
- Top camembert with ¼ of the bacon.
- Toast crushed garlic in a pan with olive oil until golden and add 1/2 tsp.
- Add 1 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli.
- Close the dough around the fillings and slightly dampen the dough ends with water to seal. Brush the outside of the dough with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Try your hand at this recipe for real condensed milk fudge…
Recipe for Homemade Biltong and Beer Bread Ingredients 550g wholemeal flour 200 g white flour 1 tsp. instant dry yeast 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar 1 tsp. salt ½ tsp. ground coriander 100g biltong shavings 300ml Castle Milk Stout 220ml […]
Deluxe recipe for Bacon, Cheese and Beer Bread – the perfect addition to a braai Ingredients 3 cups self-rising flour 1/2 cup sugar 340 ml Castle Lite 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup bacon (chopped) 1 tbsp garlic powder […]
Recipe for a feast of rainbow coloured Roast Vegetables, topped with Tahini Drizzle Ingredients 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 small butternut, peeled and cut into wedges or rounds 1 large red onion, cut into wedges 6 green, baby butternuts, well […]
Recipe for Chilli Dogs with cheese – a great way to feed a crowd Ingredients Chilli Mince: 1 T (15 ml) canola oil 250 g streaky bacon, cut up 2 onions, chopped 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion […]