There’s nothing like some roosterbrood for comfort and nostalgia.
While there’s little to beat a warm fresh roosterbrood with butter and apricot jam, we also love this recipe for a savoury version. Three delicious ingredients together – you can’t go wrong!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500 g white bread dough
- 4 tsp BOVRIL (or to taste)
- 2 whole camembert wheels, halved horizontally
- 1 x 250g packet of streaky bacon
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, toasted in a pan until golden in olive oil
- 4 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli
- Melted butter for brushing
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces and roll out into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Smear with 1 tsp BOVRIL.
- Top with one half camembert.
- Top camembert with ¼ of the bacon.
- Toast crushed garlic in a pan with olive oil until golden and add 1/2 tsp.
- Add 1 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli.
- Close the dough around the fillings and slightly dampen the dough ends with water to seal. Brush the outside of the dough with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Perfect for a mid-week family meal. Try this easy Cheesy Mushroom & Spinach Loaded Polenta Recipe
A hearty warm dessert recipe for pear and ginger crumble. Top with custard for an extra special treat…
Recipe for Pork, Nectarine and Pistachio Terrine Ingredients 300g pork fillet, trimmed and diced 2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 sprigs thyme 2 tbsp brandy 250g dry-cured streaky bacon 750g good quality sausage meat or skinned sausages Small bunch parsley, chopped […]
Combine your love of cheesecake and your love of icey cold treats in this fantastic recipe for Lemon Curd Cheesecake Ice Cream Ingredients 250g smooth cream cheese, at room temperature 200g Staffords Lemon Curd 300g readymade custard, cold 125ml thick […]
Make your own sausage rolls with spicy chicken and tomato…