There’s nothing like some roosterbrood for comfort and nostalgia.
While there’s little to beat a warm fresh roosterbrood with butter and apricot jam, we also love this recipe for a savoury version. Three delicious ingredients together – you can’t go wrong!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500 g white bread dough
- 4 tsp BOVRIL (or to taste)
- 2 whole camembert wheels, halved horizontally
- 1 x 250g packet of streaky bacon
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, toasted in a pan until golden in olive oil
- 4 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli
- Melted butter for brushing
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces and roll out into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Smear with 1 tsp BOVRIL.
- Top with one half camembert.
- Top camembert with ¼ of the bacon.
- Toast crushed garlic in a pan with olive oil until golden and add 1/2 tsp.
- Add 1 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli.
- Close the dough around the fillings and slightly dampen the dough ends with water to seal. Brush the outside of the dough with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
A deluxe healthy recipe for Vegan Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake…
Get ready for the festive season with this deluxe recipe for a Showstopper Trifle Ingredients Vanilla sponge cake: 130g butter 110g castor sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 175g cake flour 1½ teaspoons baking powder pinch of salt 80ml […]
Recipe for Granola and Pistachio Breakfast Parfait – a healthy, sweet and guilt-free treat Ingredients For the granola: 2 cups whole rolled oats 1 cup buckwheat 1 generous cup of raw roughly chopped almonds, pecans and pistachios, (or any nuts […]
Recipe for Easter buns with an almond and walnut glaze…
A healthy and delicious recipe for yoghurt and granola breakfast lollies…