There’s nothing like some roosterbrood for comfort and nostalgia.
While there’s little to beat a warm fresh roosterbrood with butter and apricot jam, we also love this recipe for a savoury version. Three delicious ingredients together – you can’t go wrong!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500 g white bread dough
- 4 tsp BOVRIL (or to taste)
- 2 whole camembert wheels, halved horizontally
- 1 x 250g packet of streaky bacon
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, toasted in a pan until golden in olive oil
- 4 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli
- Melted butter for brushing
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces and roll out into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Smear with 1 tsp BOVRIL.
- Top with one half camembert.
- Top camembert with ¼ of the bacon.
- Toast crushed garlic in a pan with olive oil until golden and add 1/2 tsp.
- Add 1 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli.
- Close the dough around the fillings and slightly dampen the dough ends with water to seal. Brush the outside of the dough with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
A decadently delicious recipe for Salted Caramel and Toffee Ice Cream Ingredients 3 large eggs 120g castor sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup full cream milk 2 cups single cream 120g cream caramel toffees, cut into small chunks For […]
A simple dairy-free recipe for Cashew and Basil Dip that is perfect in a Chicken Wrap with veggies…
Yummy dessert recipe for Malva Pudding, topped with toffee apples…
A light and fresh recipe for Roasted Nectarine Salad with dukkah-crusted goat’s cheese and blackberries Ingredients 1 log of plain chevin goat’s cheese (the one from Fairview is perfect) dukkah 2 firm nectarines half a cup blackberries micro salad leaves […]
As the cooler weather sets in, try this recipe for Butternut and Orange Soup with bacon croutons Ingredients 900 g butternut, peeled and cubed (it’s a good idea to buy ready-peeled and cubed in this case) 1 medium onion, roughly […]