No true South African braai is complete without a braaibroodjie.
Add a little flair to your next braai with this delicious ‘three Amigos’ recipe which includes Bovril, gorgonzola, and Wellington’s Sweet Chilli Sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 4 slices SASKO white bread, buttered on both sides
- 2 tsp BOVRIL (or to taste)
- ½ cup mozzarella
- ½ cup mature cheddar
- 2 tbsp gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli Sauce/Wellington’s Mild Chutney
- Smear one piece of buttered white bread with BOVRIL.
- Top with mozzarella, mature cheddar and gorgonzola.
- Add Wellington’s Sweet Chilli Sauce or Wellington’s Mild Chutney.
- Close the sandwich with another piece of buttered bread.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Bobotie Filo Parcels served with a sweet Apple Ring Chutney – a fabulous twist on a traditional South African recipe Ingredients 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and soaked in 200ml milk 2 tablespoons golden sultanas juice of half an […]
Recipe for chef Bibby’s Lamb Shepherd’s Pie – a delicious, filling dinner Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 2 stems celery, diced 3 carrots, cut into 1 cm dice 1 clove garlic, minced 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely […]
An easy peasy recipe for Crushed Potatoes with blue cheese – a lovely side dish Ingredients 2 kg baby potatoes, unpeeled olive oil 100 g blue cheese, crumbled Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready […]
Recipe for Fish Pockets with mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, lemon and fresh basil, topped with parmesan cheese Ingredients 4 x 250g angelfish fillets 1 punnet mushrooms – slice 2 tomatoes – slice 2 tbsp basil – tear into pieces 1 tbsp […]
Recipe for Homemade Vegetarian Burger Patties, topped with a lemony sour cream sauce Ingredients 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Clover Farmstyle butter 1 onion, finely chopped 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 carrot, grated 2 baby […]