No true South African braai is complete without a braaibroodjie.
Add a little flair to your next braai with this delicious ‘three Amigos’ recipe which includes Bovril, gorgonzola, and Wellington’s Sweet Chilli Sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 4 slices SASKO white bread, buttered on both sides
- 2 tsp BOVRIL (or to taste)
- ½ cup mozzarella
- ½ cup mature cheddar
- 2 tbsp gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Wellington’s Sweet Chilli Sauce/Wellington’s Mild Chutney
- Smear one piece of buttered white bread with BOVRIL.
- Top with mozzarella, mature cheddar and gorgonzola.
- Add Wellington’s Sweet Chilli Sauce or Wellington’s Mild Chutney.
- Close the sandwich with another piece of buttered bread.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Gluten, dairy and refined sugar free recipe for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients 1 cup nut flour (or 1/2 cup nut flour and 1/2 cup gluten free flour of your choice) Pinch sea salt ½ tsp bicarbonate of […]
A lovely Christmas recipe for Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake, topped with snow trees Ingredients 125g ( 1/2 cup) packed dates, roughly chopped 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water 210g (1 1/3 cup) Food Lover’s Luxury Festive […]
Quick and easy recipe for mushroom risotto – made with nutritional yeast to create a rich creamy flavour…
Perfect for a mid-week family meal. Try this easy Cheesy Mushroom & Spinach Loaded Polenta Recipe
Try this recipe for a twist on a traditional tiramisu – Milk Stout Beeramisu Ingredients 1 egg yolk 1 tbsp castor sugar 1 x 250g mascarpone cheese 150 ml cream 140 ml strong coffee cooled slightly 10ml Castle Milk Stout […]