If your body clock tells you it’s the weekend, then we want to make the weekend even longer with the comfort of freshly baked protein muffins.
- 1 cup of Jungle Plus
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Add all dry ingredients (except for 1 tsp of stevia and the blueberries) to a large bowl and mix until combined
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until combined
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a spatula until a batter forms (do not over mix)
- Once the batter forms, fold in 2/3 cup of blueberries
- Now line a regular sized muffin tray with 8 paper liners, coat them with baking spray, and add the batter equally to each tin
- Top the tins with a few blueberries and a dash of sugar
- Bake at 190 C for around 20 mins
- Let them cool on a baking tray
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate for 7 days or freeze the muffins for up to a few months
- Makes 8 servings
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Laager Rooibos and its ambassadors, Lebo and Tebo Ndala, from With Love from the Twins, are honouring mother figures this Mother’s Day…
Apple and ginger are fruity spicey combo perfect for cooler weather. This sweet and spicy pudding is perfect served warm on a rainy day.
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
While some people turn their heads up at this meat, it continues to grow in popularity and might even become more popular as a more cost-effective meat option.
As her tribute to Milk Tart Day, foodie Elmarie Berry has created a more luxurious version worthy of Dr Charles Niehaus 2017, Roodeberg’s top tier red blend crafted in honour of the brand’s illustrious founder
Please rate this recipe
Recipe Courtesy of Jungle oats and Jungle Plus