These sweetcorn and avo fritters are great for a light lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup whole sweetcorn kernels
- 1 cup wholemeal wheat-free flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, egg and milk to make a batter.
2. Stir in the sweetcorn kernels.
3. Heat a frying pan and add the canola oil. When the oil is hot, drop in tablespoons of the mixture, and fry until lightly golden. Turn them over and cook on the other side.
4. Serve with mashed avo.
*This batter is best used straight away.
*You can make a larger batch of these and freeze them for later.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
These cute animal cookies will fit perfectly into a fantasy forest birthday party theme.
These will definitely cool the kids down on a hot day!
These whole wheat mince baskets by SASKO are a great way to switch up mince toast and can be filled with leftover mince from the night before. Serve them as a healthy lunch option at home or pack them up for a picnic at the park.
It’s much cheaper to make your own trail mix. Mix and match to suite your taste.
Chickpeas, lentils and beans – oh my! Get your little ones to eat healthily with these tasty recipes that make the most of pulses and legumes.