This fruity recipe for summer porridge is a healthy, sustaining way to start your day
- 2 South African pears
- 2 South African Pink Lady apples
- 100g jumbo porridge oats
- 200g low fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 100ml unsweetened apple juice
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 50g mixed seeds, toasted
- Clear honey or golden syrup, for drizzling
- Peel, core and grate 1 pear, then grate 1 apple (no need to peel). Mix with the porridge oats, yoghurt and apple juice, stirring well. Cover and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Core and chop the remaining apple and pear and combine with the pomegranate and mixed seeds.
- Share the porridge oat mixture between 4 serving bowls and top with the chopped fruit and seeds. Serve, drizzled with honey or golden syrup.
- Cook’s tip: For a vegan version, choose one of the many dairy-free yoghurt alternatives now available.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please rate this recipe
Recipe provided by Beautiful Country, Beautiful Fruit.