Bread is a staple in most homes with sandwiches as the go-to snack or meal.
Turn everyday bread into a healthy and delicious snack perfect for lunchboxes, picnics and hiking trips.
- 4 slices in Low GI Seeded Whole Wheat bread – blitzed into a crumb
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- ½ cup walnuts – chopped
- ¼ cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. flaked sea salt
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut for coating
- Place all the ingredients (except for the coating ½ cup desiccated coconut) into a food processor and pulse until a coarse sticky dough is formed.
- Remove and place into a bowl.
- Roll the mixture into large marble-sized balls.
- Place the desiccated coconut into a bowl and roll the balls into the coconut, coating evenly.
- Enjoy as a snack on the go or in a lunch box for the kids.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Celebrate tradition with a simple pancake recipe. As is tradition in our family and I’m sure in countless others, the cutting of a baby’s first tooth is celebrated with a batch of warm, cinnamony pancakes for the family to feast […]
Here’s a recipe for Mini Angel Baked Donuts – with vanilla and chocolate chips. Ingredients 35 gr. all-purpose flour (I’ve used whole wheat and it works great too) 45 gr. cornstarch 1 tsp vanilla extract 6-7 egg whites 1/2 tsp […]
This deeply dark and impossibly rich pudding is totally decadent and the result of sheer genius. We have Heidi Swanson to thank for a chocolate pudding recipe that could’ve been sent to us straight from heaven….. Ingredients 398 grams coconut […]
Recipe for Earl Grey Pudding with a caramel sauce Ingredients 2 eggs 4 egg yolks 500ml milk 3 tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves 80g sugar Caramel sauce: 100g sugar 2 tbsp water 50ml hot water How to Preheat oven to […]
Recipe for Easy Cheesecake – with digestive biscuits and summer berries Ingredients Biscuit base: Digestive biscuits / Crushed to roughly the size of bread crumbs. Ground cinnamon Butter / melted Basic Cheese Topping: Double cream / whipped Mascarpone cheese For […]
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of SASKO