Macaroni and cheese is a firm favourite for kids around the world. It’s quick and easy to make and a hit with even the pickiest of eaters.
Sarah Grahams Mac’n cheese is an easy to make recipe you can add peas, diced mixed veggies and punch up the nutrients and dial up the colour of your dish. Your kids will love it!
- 300 g macaroni
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (I like a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs mixed with 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Optional to add-in:
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- or 1/2 cup roughly chopped ham or crispy bacon
- or 1 cup roughly chopped cooked mushrooms
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and cook your macaroni until al dente.
- 2. Meanwhile, to make your cheese sauce: Add the butter to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When the butter starts to foam, add in the flour and stir well using a wooden spoon until you have a roux (a soft paste). Continue cooking for another minute, and then whisk in the milk in two or three stages until you have a thick and creamy mixture. Turn off the heat, and in the cheese and stir until it has melted into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the macaroni and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the macaroni to an appropriately-sized ovenproof dish, scatter over the bread crumbs and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
WARNING: You might never buy peanut butter again after making this tasty and low-effort homemade peanut butter recipe
Rich in fibre from the oats, potassium from the bananas and antioxidants from the blueberries these blueberry oats bites are a win for you and your child.
Arrange the Sea Harvest Fish Fingers and McCain Smiles onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Season with salt as soon as they come out of the oven.
A Friday night treat for the whole family! Complete with delicious homemade tartar sauce.
Ready in 30 minutes! A tasty meal the whole family will love. Crisp & Chunky with McCain Hawaiian Stir Fry and Sweet & Sour Sauce
Please rate this recipe
Recipe provided by Sarah Graham, cookbook author TV personality and foodie.