Last updated on Jan 20th, 2021 at 01:21 pm
Chickpeas have numerous health benefits for you including lowering your cholesterol levels down and keeping your weight in check.
- Pouyoukas chickpeas (as prepared below)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp spice mixture
- Before cooking the chickpeas, soak one part chickpeas in four parts water for 5 – 10 hours. Drain and rinse chickpeas, cover with water and bring to the boil until tender.
- Drain and once the chickpeas are cooled they’re ready to be used.
- Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil, salt and your favourite spices.
- Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast at 200°C for 1 hour.
- Shake the pan a few times while baking.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Mozambican Paprika is one of Nando’s milder, and more adventurous flavours described as “delightfully mild and slightly smoky!
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
Quick, easy and delicious is what most people look for in a weekday family meal. Keeping it budget-friendly too makes this quiche a definite winner.
People generally eat more fish around Easter time. While the tradition is rooted in religion, it has also become a part of our culinary culture and we love it.
Fish is a healthy source of protein and nutrients. It is tasty and versatile too. This easy fish bake or braai is a delicious addition to your easter menu.
Delicious and creamy peri-peri chicken livers are a crowd-pleaser. This quick easy and budget-friendly recipe is the perfect casual dining experience for the weekend and holidays.