Last updated on Jan 20th, 2021 at 01:21 pm
Chickpeas have numerous health benefits for you including lowering your cholesterol levels down and keeping your weight in check.
- Pouyoukas chickpeas (as prepared below)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp spice mixture
- Before cooking the chickpeas, soak one part chickpeas in four parts water for 5 – 10 hours. Drain and rinse chickpeas, cover with water and bring to the boil until tender.
- Drain and once the chickpeas are cooled they’re ready to be used.
- Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil, salt and your favourite spices.
- Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast at 200°C for 1 hour.
- Shake the pan a few times while baking.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Zola at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront. Ideal for cold, gloomy days when you need a comforting pick-me-up.
Chicken soup is great for winter. It’s easy to make and the ingredients are economical. It’ll warm you up and this is a soup that is known to help keep winter colds away.
Mozambican Paprika is one of Nando’s milder, and more adventurous flavours described as “delightfully mild and slightly smoky!
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
Quick, easy and delicious is what most people look for in a weekday family meal. Keeping it budget-friendly too makes this quiche a definite winner.