Delicious stuffed roast tomatoes make a great side dish or snack for the whole family.
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 200g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml tomato purée
- 1 small brinjal, finely chopped
- 100ml fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 50ml breadcrumbs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using a sharp knife, remove the tops from the tomatoes as if you were making a lid. Using a spoon, remove the flesh and seeds from the centres, chop finely and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and celery until tender but not browned. Add all the remaining ingredients except the Parmesan and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Fill each tomato with the stuffing. Top with Parmesan and arrange tomatoes snugly in an ovenproof dish. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and place under a heated grill until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Serve warm, and chopped.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Potato salad is an absolute must-have for your Sunday lunch spread. Make this simple and delicious recipe your go-to Potato salad recipe and wow your friends and family every time.
A haddock recipe, full of flavour, nutritious, easy to make and absolutely Sibalicious! By South African chef Siba Mtongana…
Meat-free Monday is sorted with this delicious recipe to jazz up your instant noodles gourmet style
It’s never too early to get your children hooked on healthy food. Give them a good dose of veggies with this plant-based pasts dish that is both nutritious and entertaining…
It’s a simple winter dish that tastes just like home
Please rate this recipe
Recipe by Marwan Al Sayed