Frozen yoghurt is a great summer treat; it’s cool, calming and actually good for you.
Give your daily dose of calcium and probiotics a delicious summertime twist buy throwing it into popsicle moulds with your favourite fruit.
Substitute raspberries for your favourite summer fruit and enjoy these healthy and delicious popsicles at your next braai or even as a breakfast treat.
- 1 ½ cup (375g) Greek yoghurt, or coconut yoghurt for dairy-free
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey, or maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup raspberries
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt, vanilla and honey or maple syrup. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the raspberries, lightly smashing them with a fork as you go.
- Spoon the mixture into popsicle moulds and freeze for 6 hours or until set.
- Keep stored in the freezer until ready to serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
These will definitely cool the kids down on a hot day!
Nothing is more South African than biltong and this stokbrood uses the biltong powder and fresh thyme in the dough to create a delicious herby and meaty flavour…
Roasted chickpeas are an excellent afternoon snack and a healthy alternative to potato crisps. Make your own at home with this easy recipe compliment of Pouyoukas Foods.
It’s much cheaper to make your own trail mix. Mix and match to suite your taste.
Chickpeas, lentils and beans – oh my! Get your little ones to eat healthily with these tasty recipes that make the most of pulses and legumes.