Last updated on Feb 5th, 2021 at 09:35 am
Need dessert inspiration? Whip up this quick and easy treat the whole family will enjoy.
- 250g Sasko quick treats pancake mix
- 180ml sugar
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 150ml milk
- 150ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 7 plums, halved and pipped
- Icing sugar and cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 23cm high-sided round cake tin or a similar sized oval or rectangular heat-proof dish.
- Mix the eggs, cream, milk and vanilla essence together.
- Add the pancake mix and sugar to the egg mixture and whisk until combined and lump free.
- Place the greased baking dish into the oven for 10 minutes and then pour in the batter.
- Carefully place the plum halves on top of the batter and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 50 – 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. (Cooking time will depend on the shape and type of the dish you use.)
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or whipped cream.