Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:16 pm
Running out of lunchbox and snack ideas for your little one? We know how fussy they can be. Try these pizza roll ups. Your kids will love them!
*Preparation time: 15 min
*Cooking time: 5 min
*Makes 10 portions
- 10 slices Sasko Low GI White Bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 15g basil leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- Olive oil
- 200g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 25g parsley, chopped
- 100g Mozzarella, grated
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- 50g butter at room temperature
- Micro basil cress
- Roll out the bread and remove the crust.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cook for 15 min until the sauce thickens.
- Add the basil and blend.
- Mix the grated Parmesan and chopped parsley together and season with salt and pepper.
Assembling your pizza roll up:
- Place the rolled out bread on a baking tray.
- Mix the Mozzarella and cream cheese together.
- Spread the sauce on the bread and top with the Mozzarella and cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up your pizza. Brush with melted butter and dust with Parmesan crust.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 min.
- Cut into 3 pieces and garnish with micro basil.