This tangy potato salad is a great accompaniment to a meal during the holiday season. Dish up a helping of this delicious side to go along with hot or cold meals.
- 8 potatoes
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 4 or 5 (dill) gherkins, diced
- A dash of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into eighths.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, add a dash of salt and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer until you can easily pierce through a potato with a fork (around 15 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix your diced gherkin, diced red onion, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until it forms a thick dressing.
- Spoon the dressing over the cooled potatoes and stir together until potatoes are coated.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours and then serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Roasted chickpeas are an excellent afternoon snack and a healthy alternative to potato crisps. Make your own at home with this easy recipe compliment of Pouyoukas Foods.
Serve with crudités and avocado and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese dip for a lunch snack.
Chickpeas, lentils and beans – oh my! Get your little ones to eat healthily with these tasty recipes that make the most of pulses and legumes.
No one wants to slave away in the kitchen all day, especially when you still have a million other things to do before the kids get home from school. Try these yummy sandwich fillings for a quick and filling lunch or dinner idea!
This roast stuffed tomato recipe is simple and easy to make. Serve it as a meal on its own or as a side dish at a braai.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Yebo fresh