This tangy potato salad is a great accompaniment to a meal during the holiday season. Dish up a helping of this delicious side to go along with hot or cold meals.
- 8 potatoes
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 4 or 5 (dill) gherkins, diced
- A dash of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into eighths.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, add a dash of salt and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer until you can easily pierce through a potato with a fork (around 15 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix your diced gherkin, diced red onion, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until it forms a thick dressing.
- Spoon the dressing over the cooled potatoes and stir together until potatoes are coated.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours and then serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Potato salad is an absolute must-have for your Sunday lunch spread. Make this simple and delicious recipe your go-to Potato salad recipe and wow your friends and family every time.
A working mom of two shares a quick and easy snack recipe for weekends.
Nothing is more South African than biltong and this stokbrood uses the biltong powder and fresh thyme in the dough to create a delicious herby and meaty flavour…
Roasted chickpeas are an excellent afternoon snack and a healthy alternative to potato crisps. Make your own at home with this easy recipe compliment of Pouyoukas Foods.
Serve with crudités and avocado and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese dip for a lunch snack.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Yebo fresh