There is a sweet spot where dessert breakfast meets dessert and it is heavenly
Bread pudding is one of those sweet treats that transports you to a warm and fuzzy place. It has been a go-to comfort food for decades with good reason.
Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream for extra decadents.
- 10 slices SASKO Low GI Oats and Honey Flavoured White Bread
- 15 g butter, melted
- 1 apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 600 ml milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp. castor sugar
- 1 large free-range eggs, plus 3 yolks
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of shaved coconut flakes
- A handful of raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Brush the SASKO Low GI Oats and Honey bread with a little melted butter on one side, then cut into triangles and layer butter-side up with the apple in an ovenproof dish.
- Heat all the milk in a pan with the vanilla until almost boiling, then remove from the heat.
- Beat the sugar with the egg and egg yolks in a bowl, then pour over the milk, whilst continuously whisking.
- Strain back into the pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture just coats the back of a spoon, then add the cinnamon.
- Pour over the bread, then leave to soak in for 20 minutes.
- Top with coconut flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, then bake the pudding for 30-40 minutes until the custard is set and the tips of the bread slices are golden.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
While some people turn their heads up at this meat, it continues to grow in popularity and might even become more popular as a more cost-effective meat option.
As her tribute to Milk Tart Day, foodie Elmarie Berry has created a more luxurious version worthy of Dr Charles Niehaus 2017, Roodeberg’s top tier red blend crafted in honour of the brand’s illustrious founder
Make Dolly Parton’s southern pecan pie with all the sweetness and richness you’d expect from a slice of the American south
Here’s exactly how Victoria sponge cake is baked in the royal kitchen.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of SASKO