Last updated on Sep 24th, 2020 at 07:24 pm
Jordan van der Vyver is the not so average girl next door living her dreams as an international model and hope that her success will inspire young girls to live their dreams too
Jordan loves South African food, including her favourite guilty indulgence the vetkoek, but her absolute favourite foods are her mom’s lasagne and a good braai.
So why is salmon so expensive?
The health benefits of salmon are well known; from its Omega 3’s to its high and lean protein content. Is it because it is so good for you that salmon is so expensive?
Like most foods where the demand exceeds the supply, the price of salmon (especially wild Norwegian salmon) is driven by the high demand for the pink fish all over the world.
- 400g salmon fillet halved
- 2 tbsp vegetable or chicken stock
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 60g butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (or coriander)
- 450g asparagus (ends trimmed)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Cut two sheets of foil big enough to wrap around the salmon and asparagus (approx 35 x 30cm) and lay flat on a countertop.
- In a small bowl, combine the stock, lemon juice, garlic and parsley to make the sauce.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place off centre on the foil. Divide the asparagus in half and place next to the salmon on the foil.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the salmon and asparagus parcels then place the butter cubes evenly over both parcels. Drizzle honey lightly over both.
- Fold the foil loosely over to wrap the parcels, crimping the ends so the sauce doesn’t leak out. This will allow heat to circulate inside.
- Place the foil parcels on a baking tray and place in the oven for 12-18 minutes depending on how you like your salmon cooked.
- Carefully unwrap the parcels and drizzle with more lemon juice and garnish with parsley.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Jordan loves South African food, including her favourite guilty indulgence the vetkoek, but her absolute favourite foods are her mom’s lasagne and a good braai…
Easy and budget friendly recipe for Baked Eggs served with chilli pilchards…
A quick and easy version of the fish taco. A perfect fish finger meal for kids…
A fresh and flavourful recipe for kingklip in a luscious tomato sauce…
Recipe for flavour-filled and veggie-filled pea and rainbow trout fishcakes with watercress pesto…
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of MIss SA and Jordan van der Vyver