Passionate about healthy, sustainable food, Chantelle Pretorius (24) from Tshwane, Gauteng has a diploma in nutrition and is currently completing her B.Com Business Management degree through Unisa…
She loves cooking so much that if she won the Miss South Africa crown, she’d like to meet Nataniël “because of his sense of humour, his cooking and the way he is always unapologetically himself.”
After being selected for the Miss SA Top 10, Pretorius said she was “looking forward to learning something from everyone I meet on this journey.”
She celebrated the Top 10 achievement by enjoying a lovely dinner and glass of red wine with her family.
Food is a big part of Chantelle’s life & she loves to share her passion
“At the beginning of lockdown, I started a small business making and delivering healthy homemade meals to families in my area. I hope to continue with my new venture as I enjoy cooking and experimenting with new healthy and sustainable recipes.”
Chantelle Pretorius’s Go-To Granola
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup tahini
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add raisins and/or dried cranberries if desired.
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Soak the dates in boiling water until soft.
- Mix dates, tahini and 3 tbsp of water in a food processor and mix until creamy. Add more water if needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking every 10-15 min to stir the granola. Bake until light golden brown.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
Miss South Africa 2020 Final details
Miss South Africa 2020 will be crowned at a spectacular and entertainment-packed event – which takes place on Saturday, October 24, from 17h00 – and which will be screened live on M-Net and Mzansi Magic and streamed for an international audience.
Miss South Africa is presented by Weil Entertainment in association with M-Net, Mzansi Magic, Sun International and Brand South Africa.
- Facebook: com/MsSouthAfrica
- Twitter: @Official_MissSA
- Instagram: @official_misssa
- YouTube: com/TheMissSAPageant
- Hashtags #MissSA2020 #ForTheLoveOfCT #FaceYourPower #EmbraceYourFuture
Please rate this recipe
Miss SA Top 10: Chantelle Pretorius