Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:05 pm
Sometimes we really deserve a treat. Your kids will love the idea of milk tart pancakes for breakfast! It’ll be the best day of the week for them to have dessert for breakfast!
- 1 packet Sasko Quick Treats Pancake Mix
- 940ml water
- 2 eggs
- 10ml oil
Milk tart filling:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 80ml Sasko Cake Flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Sasko Cake Flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 100g butter, chopped
- Cinnamon-sugar, to serve
- Place the pancake mix in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and milk separately, and then mix it into the dry ingredients with the butter or oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan and ladle a small amount of batter into the pan.
- Swirl the pan around to evenly coat it with batter.
- When the edges begin to lift, flip over and cook the other side until brown.
To make the filling:
- Heat half the milk with the cinnamon stick until just below boiling point then set aside to infuse.
- Whisk the remaining cold milk with the flour and ground cinnamon to form a smooth paste then whisk in the hot milk.
- Cook over a medium heat until thick and the flour is cooked out.
- Flavour with vanilla and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Set aside (cover the surface with cling wrap to prevent a skin from forming).
To make the crumbles:
- Make the crumbles by combining the flour, cinnamon and sugar and rubbing in the butter to form large crumbs.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and then until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve the pancakes spread with the milk tart filling, a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar and the crumbles.