You really don’t need any excuse to indulge in a chocolate cupcake. Whether you’re celebrating or need a hug with every bite a chocolate cupcake is a combination of two of the happiest foods there are; chocolate and cupcakes.
Make a waste-free treat with these chocolate cupcakes ( made in an actual cup) and perfect for a single serving as a quick and easy treat.
Add these sprinkles and your favourite toppings and you have a party for one in minutes, just divide the recipe by four.
- 120 g (1 cup) cake flour, sifted
- 110 g (1/2 cup) castor sugar
- 50 g (heaped 1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 x 300 ml bottle Clover Super M, Chocolate
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) vanilla essence
- cooking spray
- 1 x 80 g slab milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour the Super M, vegetable oil and vanilla essence into the well. Combine with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Coat the inside of 6 microwave-safe mugs or ramekins with cooking spray and divide the cake batter among them until each one is about 2⁄3 full.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave until it becomes runny. Set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate cakes on high in batches of 2 for 90 seconds until the cakes have risen and are cooked through. If the cakes need more cooking time, continue to microwave in 30 second bursts. If you would like a gooey centre, cook the cakes for less time – as there is no egg in the cake, you need not be concerned about the slightly raw, gooey centre.
- Once the batter is cooked to your liking, drizzle with the melted milk chocolate and serve immediately.
- For an extra indulgent version, serve topped with Clover Aerosol Whipped Cream.
- Use deep mugs as the mixture will rise substantially during cooking, but will fall again once removed from the microwave.
The Clover Mama Afrika Project
Clover Mama Afrika, Clover’s corporate sustainability initiative, aims to empower women in communities across the nation with various vital skills such as cooking, baking, sewing, quilting, business management, and food gardening. Over and above the training sessions, these “Mamas” are all supplied with the necessary tools, equipment and infrastructure to create an income for themselves for them to give back to their communities. They are particularly proud of one of their Mama Afrikas who has been with them for 10 years.
The cookbook can be purchased at Lapa Publishers and costs R230.00.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Get creative with the kids and make the tasty rice crispy sweet treats. The perfect occasional lunch box treat.
The ultimate in decadence with this recipe for Dark Chocolate Mousse cake with cloud frosting. #Baking #ChocolateMousseCake
Classic egg and coffee custard makes a stunning summer dessert…
One of the sweetest things about the festive season is spending time with our nearest and dearest. Get busy in the kitchen baking these fun Christmas tree cupcakes with the kids.
Cookies are a treat for all ages. Fill your cookie jars for gifting, keeping and snacking with these decadent peanut butter cookies perfect for dunking. Ingredients: 250g butter 500ml sugar 2 eggs, whisked 125ml peanut butter 10ml bicarbonate of soda […]