Get creative in the kitchen with the kids with these delicious and spicy ginger cookies. The perfect teat time snack!
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 2½ cups plain flour sifted
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup icing sugar sifted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric beater until light and creamy.
- Add the golden syrup, flour and bicarb, and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the dough is firm.
- Roll out the dough to about 4mm thick, between sheets of non-stick baking paper. Cut out shapes from the dough using a template or cookie cutter.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool while still on the trays.
To make the icing, mix the egg white and icing sugar until properly combined. Pipe “buttons” on the gingerbread cookies or spread some icing over the cookies and allow to set.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
No one wants to slave away in the kitchen all day, especially when you still have a million other things to do before the kids get home from school. Try these yummy sandwich fillings for a quick and filling lunch or dinner idea!
Get creative with the kids and make the tasty rice crispy sweet treats. The perfect occasional lunch box treat.
This roast stuffed tomato recipe is simple and easy to make. Serve it as a meal on its own or as a side dish at a braai.
These sweetcorn and avo fritters are great for a light lunch or dinner.
Nutrition expert Annabel Karmel, shares her salmon fishcakes recipe …