Serve the breadsticks with crudités and avocado and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese dip for a lunch snack.
- 4 large wholewheat pita bread
- 30g canola margarine
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Pre-heat the grill.
2. Mix the margarine, pesto and Parmesan cheese together, and spread over one side of the pita bread.
3. Grill for 4–5 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
4. Remove and allow to cool before cutting into sticks,
* Freezes well.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Laager Rooibos and its ambassadors, Lebo and Tebo Ndala, from With Love from the Twins, are honouring mother figures this Mother’s Day…
No one feels like standing in front of a stove when it is 30 degrees plus outside – let alone eating a plate of hot food. Try these easy summer recipes for lunch or dinner.
Nothing is more South African than biltong and this stokbrood uses the biltong powder and fresh thyme in the dough to create a delicious herby and meaty flavour…
Get the kids in the kitchen to help you make these yummy biscuits and scones. They’ll go down very well if you’re hosting a tea at your house for friends and family.
The holidays and weekends were made for indulgent breakfasts. Give your french toast a gourmet twist with this unexpected but superdelicious apricot and cheese combo.