Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:04 pm
If Sunday lunch is a big deal in your home, with dessert and the whole affair, you’re probably also out of ideas on something new to make.
These pear and ginger cinnamon buns are absolutely mouth-watering and will be a hit with everyone!
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves, drained and chopped
- 1 cup warm water
- 10g active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 80g butter
- 200g plain cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Place the warm water into the bottom of a mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast and the sugar.
- Whisk well and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil.
- Add the flour and the salt.
- Bring the mixture to a dough by hand or using the dough hook attachment of a food mixer.
- Knead for ten minutes and form into a ball.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread the butter over the top.
- Sprinkle the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves over the dough.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the pears.
- Roll up along the long edge.
- Slice into 12 even slices.
- Place each roll on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake the rolls in an oven preheated to 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- To make the icing, cream the butter until pale and creamy.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Spread the icing over the cinnamon pear rolls and serve warm.