By Hein Scholtz (featured in Munch)
A delicious pancake recipe that is fun and easy to make. Breakfast will never be the same again, and your loved ones will love you for you!
*Time: 20 Minutes
*Difficulty level: Easy (of course)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 small eggs
- 2 cups milk
- sunflower oil
- cinnamon sugar to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs with 1 cup milk and add to the dry ingredients. The batter should be quite runny, like pouring cream, so add more milk if you need to.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge while you heat ½ tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan on high.
- Ladle some batter into the pan and quickly swirl it around to cover the surface. After about 30 seconds bubbles will start to appear on the pancake’s surface and the batter will no longer be runny. Flip the pancake and cook for 30 seconds on the other side.
- Slide the cooked pancake onto a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the rest of the batter, stacking the pancakes and adding some cinnamon sugar to each layer. The sugar will dissolve into a thin, cinnamon-rich syrup. Roll the pancakes when you are ready to eat.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
Woolworths has launched their exciting range of Conscious Confectionery just in time for Easter this year.
As her tribute to Milk Tart Day, foodie Elmarie Berry has created a more luxurious version worthy of Dr Charles Niehaus 2017, Roodeberg’s top tier red blend crafted in honour of the brand’s illustrious founder
Make Dolly Parton’s southern pecan pie with all the sweetness and richness you’d expect from a slice of the American south
Here’s exactly how Victoria sponge cake is baked in the royal kitchen.