A busy day meets the need for a wholesome home-cooked meal and the realisation that you only have 24 hours in a day; it’s a wake-up call: there is a place for tinned veggies in your kitchen.
While you could use fresh or frozen green beans for this casserole, using tinned green beans means less time slaving over the stove and also means you can make this scrumptious side dish during the week too.
Why wait for a special occasion to treat your family to something delicious?
- 2 cans Green Beans 432g in one can (any type -french, regular, string, etc.)
- 1 jar Mushroom Alfredo Sauce (you can use cream of mushroom soup or chicken condensed soup)
- 4-5 Mushrooms sliced (cremini, baby Bella or baby Portabella)
- 2 cups 8oz/1 bag cheddar cheese, shredded
- Freshly grounded black Pepper a pinch or two
- 1 container French Fried Onions
- 5 slices Chopped Crispy Bacon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a deeper baking dish, add drained green beans.
- Pour Mushroom alfredo sauce or you may use more traditional which is cream of mushroom soup, or you might try cream of chicken soup which is also called chicken condensed soup. They are all great, and we like it with all of them but lately preferred MUSHROOM Alfredo Sauce.
- Add sliced mushrooms. It is not necessary but it tastes really good with the addition of mushrooms. Mix the whole thing together to combine.
- Top it with cheese completely, from one end to the other, and add ground a bit of ground black pepper on top of the cheese.
- Press a bit, and bake for 15 minutes, then add 1 cup of French fried onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Make bacon in the air-fryer or oven until crispy then chop in the small pieces.
- Top the casserole with additional french fried onions and chopped bacon.
- Add a bit of dried parsley at the very end.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
A working mom of two shares a quick and easy snack recipe for weekends.
Nothing is more South African than biltong and this stokbrood uses the biltong powder and fresh thyme in the dough to create a delicious herby and meaty flavour…
Roasted chickpeas are an excellent afternoon snack and a healthy alternative to potato crisps. Make your own at home with this easy recipe compliment of Pouyoukas Foods.
Serve with crudités and avocado and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese dip for a lunch snack.
Chickpeas, lentils and beans – oh my! Get your little ones to eat healthily with these tasty recipes that make the most of pulses and legumes.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe and Image provided courtesy of Sandra’s Easy Cooking food blog.