Southern bells are known for their hospitality and good home cooking
The iconic Dolly Parton doesn’t fall short in any of these categories with her cooking becoming almost as prolific as her voice.
Make Dolly Parton’s southern pecan pie with all the sweetness and richness you’d expect from a slice of the American south.
1 packet pie crust (thawed)
¾ cup of sugar
¾ cup light corn syrup
1½ cups of finely chopped walnuts
¼ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°c.
2. Line 23cm pie pan with unrolled crust.
3. Use a hand mixer to beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt gradually to eggs. Mix until combined. Add melted butter and mix until combined thoroughly.
4. Pour the combined mixture into the pie shell and add walnuts. Spread walnuts evenly through the mixture.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°c and bake for 45 minutes more.
6. After 30 minutes, add a collar of foil around the crust.
7. Remove from oven. Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Apple and ginger are fruity spicey combo perfect for cooler weather. This sweet and spicy pudding is perfect served warm on a rainy day.
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
While some people turn their heads up at this meat, it continues to grow in popularity and might even become more popular as a more cost-effective meat option.
As her tribute to Milk Tart Day, foodie Elmarie Berry has created a more luxurious version worthy of Dr Charles Niehaus 2017, Roodeberg’s top tier red blend crafted in honour of the brand’s illustrious founder
Make Dolly Parton’s southern pecan pie with all the sweetness and richness you’d expect from a slice of the American south
Please rate this recipe
Recipe from Dolly Parton’s book Dolly Dixie’s Fixin’s