Last updated on Feb 5th, 2021 at 09:35 am
It’s been a long, busy week, so it’s completely understandable if you don’t feel like slaving away in the kitchen tonight. All you need is 4 hotdog rolls and some toppings for these quick pizza fingers.
- 2–4 hotdog rolls, cut lengthwise in half
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
- Pitted olives
- Sliced onions (optional )
- Chopped pineapple
- Chopped ham or bacon
- Basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Brush the sliced rolls with olive oil, place on a baking tray and toast for a few minutes (keep your eye on them as they burn easily). Turn and toast the other side.
- Arrange the pizza toasts along with other ingredients on a tray and allow Dad and the kids to make their own mini pizzas using the variety of toppings on offer.
- Pop them back in the oven and bake until golden and crispy – about 5 to 7 minutes.
Pesto or sundried tomatoes can be offered for more advanced palates, as well as chopped anchovies and artichokes.