Last updated on Feb 8th, 2021 at 01:11 pm
Rooibos Biscuits dipped in white chocolate
- 500g Sasko Quick Treats Cookie Mix
- 1 ½ tbsp Rooibos/Chai Rooibos tea leaves
- 140g butter (at room temperature)
- 1 extra large egg
- 200g white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line two large baking trays.
- Put the Sasko Cookie mix into a mixing bowl with the tea leaves and whisk well.
- Add the butter and rub into the cookie mix with your hands until a bread-crumb-like consistency is formed.
- Whisk the egg in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Add the egg to the cookie mix and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Remove tablespoons of the dough from the mix and roll into little balls (about the size of a R5 coin) and place them, 5cm apart, onto the lined baking trays. You should get about 35-40 cookies from the mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- (Allow to cool completely before dipping into the chocolate.)
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a double boiler on low heat.
- Dip half of the tops of each cookie into chocolate and place on a sheet of baking paper to dry.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely before storing in an airtight container. (This will take a few hours.)
Cheesy oat scones
- 350g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 150g Pouyoukas whole rolled oats
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 125 ml buttermilk, add a little more if needed
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place flour in a large bowl and stir in baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Dice butter into tiny pieces and rub into flour mixture using finger tips until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in rolled oats and cheese.
- Make a well in the centre and add eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix until dough comes together, adding a little more buttermilk if needed.
- Gently roll dough out on a floured surface to 2-3 cm thickness and cut out rounds.
- Place slightly apart on a baking tray, brush tops with milk and sprinkle with 1 tbs rolled oats.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with cheese or butter.