Eggs are one of the most complete foods there are; rich in protein and all nine essential amino acids. Eaten in controlled portions, eggs can be a great health and weight loss food
A creamy egg salad in a jar is a great lunch on the go or sandwich stuffer for picnics, work lunches and even as a side dish at a braai.
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 60ml (¼ cup) sour cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground paprika
- 1 large potato, boiled and cut into small cubes
Ingredients for the salad
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 10 Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- Sesame seeds, toasted to serve
- To make the dressing mix all the ingredients well, except for the potatoes, and then gently mix in the potatoes.
- Divide the potato mixture between two mason jars and start layering the jars with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Create an Asian experience at home with this easily adaptable ramen bowl recipe add more of what you like and less of what you don’t and enjoy…
LCHF budget breakfast recipe for Caramelised Onion and Feta Omelette…
Recipe for Egg and Tuna on Rye with olives and red onion – quick and easy party snacks Ingredients 4 hardboiled eggs, coarsely chopped 1 small onion, very finely chopped ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman’s Thousand Island Dressing Ina […]
Lunch or dinner time recipe for Roasted Vegetable Quiche with feta cheese Ingredients 3 cups roasted mixed vegetables 100g feta 3 large eggs 200ml full cream milk 100ml cream salt and pepper 1-2 tsp dried Italian herbs How to Preheat […]
Recipe for individual Mushroom, Bacon and Leek Quiches with phyllo pastry Ingredients Phyllo cases: 4 sheets phyllo pastry cut into 36 (thirty six) 12 x 12 cm squares 60 – 80 ml melted butter Filling: 30 ml oil 200 g […]
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of South African Poultry Association (SAPA)