Eggs are one of the most complete foods there are; rich in protein and all nine essential amino acids. Eaten in controlled portions, eggs can be a great health and weight loss food
A creamy egg salad in a jar is a great lunch on the go or sandwich stuffer for picnics, work lunches and even as a side dish at a braai.
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 60ml (¼ cup) sour cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground paprika
- 1 large potato, boiled and cut into small cubes
Ingredients for the salad
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 10 Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- Sesame seeds, toasted to serve
- To make the dressing mix all the ingredients well, except for the potatoes, and then gently mix in the potatoes.
- Divide the potato mixture between two mason jars and start layering the jars with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
This recipe for Chorizo and Potato Frittata can be served as a late breakfast, lunch or dinner Ingredients 4 medium sized mediterranean potatoes, skin-on and scrubbed olive oil, for cooking 1 red onion, diced 1 of each, red and orange […]
Recipe for homemade bacon and zucchini quiche with parmesan cheese and mature cheddar…
Heavenly recipe for a delicately lavender flavoured creme brulee with a burnt sugar topping. Ingredients 500ml Fresh Cream 200ml Full Cream Milk 6 Jumbo Egg Yolks 90g Castor Sugar 1 Vanilla Pod – split lengthwise and the seeds scraped out […]
Flavour-filled recipe for Noodles in a Beef Bone Broth, with lemongrass and kale Ingredients 2 teaspoons butter 2 stalks lemongrass finely chopped 4 cm fresh ginger grated 2 cloves garlic minced 2 green chili finely chopped 1 litre Farmer Angus […]
Lovely braai recipe for portobello mushroom egg cups – top with bacon for a salty twist…
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of South African Poultry Association (SAPA)