Get a hearty and wholesome taste of traditional Indian cuisine right at home with this delicious butter chicken recipe. Get your bragging rights and tell everyone you made this recipe from scratch!
125 ml ( ½ cup) CLOVER Classic unflavoured yoghurt
5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh garlic
5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh ginger
pinch ground cinnamon
2,5 ml ( ½ tsp) freshly ground black pepper
2,5 ml ( ½ tsp) white pepper
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
CLOVER Farmstyle butter
1 onion, finely chopped
310 ml (1 ¼ cup) tomato purée
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
salt to taste
2,5 ml ( ½ tsp) red chilli powder
375 ml (1 ½ cups) CLOVER fresh cream
finely chopped coriander leaves
- Place the chicken portions in a glass bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients and then pour it over the chicken pieces. Refrigerate overnight. Next day, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade.
- Melt some butter in a saucepan and fry the chicken in sessions until golden brown.
- Return all the chicken pieces to the saucepan, pour over the marinade and stir in the onion, tomato purée, tomato paste, lemon juice, salt and red chilli powder. Cook over medium heat until the chicken is done – approximately 40 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and simmer until thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander leaves and naan bread.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Turn this hearty and delicious meal into a cute kiddies meal with simple decorations. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a happier meal.
Nothing says’ celebration like cake pops. Bianca Naidoo‘s Indian twist on the everyday vanilla cake pop has a second twist to it. Her Soji cake is made from Taystee Wheat instead of Soji (semolina). Kershnee Kallee, Marketing Manager at Jungle, […]
Tasty Semolina Gujiya – also known as Taystee Half Moons – recipe by Derusha Naidoo. Derusha shared that this is a recipe her mother passed on to her, but she has added her own twist when it comes to the fillings.
There are few things as decadent as roses and chocolates. This traditional Indian chocolate cake is the perfect celebratory food and one of the very few mays to make a chocolate cake even better. Ingredients 4-liter full-fat milk 1 tsp. […]
This delicious Indian snack is the perfect on the go comfort food. It is wholesome delicious and packed with nutrients making it not only the perfect finger food but also a great lunchbox snack. Ingredients 2 cups/500ml yellow […]
Please rate this recipe
During our strict lockdown in 2020 there were a lot more that got us down than just the rain, however, one Mama from Clover Mama Afrika ensured to keep herself busy by attending some of the various virtual training that Clover Mama Afrika hosted for their Mama Afrikas. The virtual training courses also added value to their ‘menus’ at their centres or when they host functions.
One of Mama Felicity Maluleke’s favourite recipes from her cooking training is the Butter Chicken.