Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:01 pm
*Makes approx. 40 cookies
*Preparation time: approx. 60 minutes
- 185g butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- Icing sugar to serve
- Preheat oven to 180?C. Process the butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and process again to form a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough lightly, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Cut the dough into shapes using cookie cutters and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks
- To serve, dust with icing sugar.