This recipe is courtesy of Chef Zola at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront. Ideal for cold, gloomy days when you need a comforting pick-me-up.
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup homemade beef stock or 2 cubes store bought
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 200g Cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 800g potatoes for mash
- Cook your beef mince and onion over a medium heat until light golden brown. Add paprika ,garlic, beef stock and all the veggies, cover and cook until vegetables are tender
- Combine the cornstarch and 1/2 of water until well mixed, stir into the pot, let it boil over a medium heat, keep stirring and cook until it’s thick. Add your sour cream, salt and pepper to taste
- Mash your already boiled potatoes to create your mash. Chef’s tip: add a little butter to make it creamier.
- Spread the mashed potato on top, sprinkle with cheese, bake until potatoes are well heated and cheese has melted. Grill until the cheese and mash peaks are golden brown – this creates a delicious crust.
Please rate this recipe
Courtesy of Chef Zola at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront