Last updated on Nov 12th, 2020 at 11:18 am
There are few things as decadent as roses and chocolates.
This traditional Indian chocolate cake is the perfect celebratory food and one of the very few mays to make a chocolate cake even better.
- 4-liter full-fat milk
- 1 tsp. Alum (fatkadi) or 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 250 g sugar
- 3 tbsp. ghee
- 3 tbsp. rose syrup
- 2 tbsp. NESTLÉ COCOA powder
- 3 tbsp. pistachio finely chopped + 2 tbsp. pistachio slivers
- 2 tbsp. dried or fresh edible rose petals
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai bring the milk to a boil.
- Once started to boil add alum and keep stirring.
- Let the milk curdle, once you can see it separating, remove at least one cup of the whey.
- Continue to cook and stir until the milk starts grainy consistency.
- Add sugar and keep cooking until the mixture gets thick.
- Add ghee and keep cooking and stirring until the mixture leaves the pan.
- Add finely chopped pistachios.
- Once the mixture is nice and thick. quickly halved into equal parts.
- In one part add rose syrup and in other chocolate and mix well.
- Transfer first rose syrup mixture evenly into greased tray or thali.
- After a couple of minutes pour the chocolate mixture on top of the rose mixture and press gently with the spatula.
- Let it set the milk cake for at least 2-3 hours or overnight in a dry but cool temperature.
- Garnish the milk cake with rose petals and pistachio slivers.
- Cut into desire shapes serve at room temperature.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Last updated on Nov 12th, 2020 at 11:18 amNothing says’ celebration like cake pops. Bianca Naidoo‘s Indian twist on the everyday vanilla cake pop has a second twist to it. Her Soji cake is made from Taystee Wheat instead of […]
Tasty Semolina Gujiya – also known as Taystee Half Moons – recipe by Derusha Naidoo. Derusha shared that this is a recipe her mother passed on to her, but she has added her own twist when it comes to the fillings.
Last updated on Nov 12th, 2020 at 11:18 amThere are few things as decadent as roses and chocolates. This traditional Indian chocolate cake is the perfect celebratory food and one of the very few mays to make a chocolate cake […]
Last updated on Nov 12th, 2020 at 11:18 amThis delicious Indian snack is the perfect on the go comfort food. It is wholesome delicious and packed with nutrients making it not only the perfect finger food but also a […]
Gulab Jumn are an Indian dessert also popular Nepal, Pakistan, the Maldives, and Bangladesh. They are typically a celebratory food, perfect for Diwali and other festive celebrations. Tuck into these rose flavoured balls of happiness for a taste like no other.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of NESTLÉ