Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:16 pm
Florentine is a fancy name for foods served with spinach. Take your pesto pasta up a notch by adding spinach and grilled chicken as a side. You’ll be easily transported to an Italian countryside cafe!
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 ½ tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil or chilli oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 250g Pasta Joy linguine pasta
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water for roughly 8 minutes until al dente. Drain water from the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium to low heat. Add pesto, onion, spinach, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, or until onions are soft. Swirl in cream and bring to a slight boil.
- Add pasta into the pot and swirl around in pesto sauce until coated. Adjust seasoning and stir in grated cheese.
- Serve alongside grilled chicken breasts.