The holidays and weekends were made for indulgent breakfasts. Give your french toast a gourmet twist with this unexpected but superdelicious apricot and cheese combo.
- 1 loaf SASKO cranberry brown bread
- Some softened butter
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten with a splash of milk and seasoned
- 250g streaky bacon, cooked until crispy
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- Some fresh seasonal berries such as strawberries and blueberries
- 1 tin Rhodes apricot halves
- Butter all the slices of bread and make cheese sandwiches with them with the butter on the outside.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture and fry in some oil and butter until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Serve the French toast with the bacon, orange slices, syrup, berries and apricot halves.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Waffles are such a versatile food, you could have them for breakfast lunch, supper and even dessert. Topped with just about anything, a good basic waffle recipe should be a part of every home cooks arsenal.
What better way to celebrate world waffle day than making and tucking into your favourite waffles at home?
This oats bowl with a difference offers a quick and easy twist on the traditional breakfast oats. Change it up to include your favourite fruits or whatever is in season to keep things fresh.
Rich in fibre from the oats, potassium from the bananas and antioxidants from the blueberries these blueberry oats bites are a win for you and your child.
Many of us will not be able to leave our children. Picnics are a fabulous way to entertain the whole family and with these crustless mini quiches, you won’t even have to worry about picking up the crumbs
This fun and super easy pancake recipe is perfect for breakfast on the gloomy weather days.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Sasko