A different take on the traditional braaibroodjie, how about trying a Bov-roll instead?!
Chicken, cheese and Bovril plus soft Portuguese rolls and onion. This combo is sure to get the tastebuds singing.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp BOVRIL
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce to taste
- 2 Portuguese rolls
- 1 cup mature cheddar
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 medium gherkins, sliced lengthways
- Melted butter for brushing
- Season chicken breast strips with salt, freshly ground pepper and place into a relatively hot pan with olive oil.
- Turn continuously until just cooked through and tender.
- Toss in Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce.
- Cut rolls in half.
- To assemble, place half the chicken on each roll, top with half the red onion, half the gherkin and half the cheese.
- Close with the top half of the roll and butter both sides with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Whip up these heavenly Masala and Butternut Fritters for dinner Ingredients 2 cups (500 ml) cooked and mashed butternut 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Masala Spice 1 t (5 ml) baking powder 1 extra […]
A delicious tea-time recipe for Homemade Scones served with Strawberry Rose Jam Ingredients Strawberry Rose Jam: 150 ml Hot Water 2 Four Red Fruits Tea Bags 100g Caster Sugar 1 tsp Powdered Pectin 300g Strawberries, Hulled and Chopped 2 tsp […]
Recipe for Dark Chocolate Honey Meringues topped with lemon zest and nuts Ingredients 6 large egg whites 1 cup castor sugar 2 x 100 gr dark chocolate slabs 1 cup mixed nuts (or mixed with chopped dried fruit) a squeeze […]
Simple dinner recipe for pasta with prawns, bacon and mushrooms…
Simple snack recipe for Cheese and Rosemary Star-shaped biscuits Ingredients 200g plain flour 1/2 tsp strong mustard powder pinch of cayene pepper 150g salted butter, chilled and cubed 50g finely grated mature cheddar cheese 50g finely grated parmesan cheese 3 […]