Last updated on Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:18 am
A different take on the traditional braaibroodjie, how about trying a Bov-roll instead?!
Chicken, cheese and Bovril plus soft Portuguese rolls and onion. This combo is sure to get the tastebuds singing.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp BOVRIL
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce to taste
- 2 Portuguese rolls
- 1 cup mature cheddar
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 medium gherkins, sliced lengthways
- Melted butter for brushing
- Season chicken breast strips with salt, freshly ground pepper and place into a relatively hot pan with olive oil.
- Turn continuously until just cooked through and tender.
- Toss in Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce.
- Cut rolls in half.
- To assemble, place half the chicken on each roll, top with half the red onion, half the gherkin and half the cheese.
- Close with the top half of the roll and butter both sides with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
A 200-year old recipe for Soetkoekies from the wife of Voortrekker leader Andries Pretorius…
Last updated on Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:18 amRecipe for Spaghetti Pie – a new and even simpler twist to pasta for dinner Ingredients 1 tsp olive oil half an onion, sliced 100g bacon or Chouriço 6 eggs 300ml milk […]
Recipe for a topsy-turvey upside-down cake, with plums, nectarines and almonds…
Last updated on Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:18 amMake this recipe for sweet little gluten-free Cinnamon Stars – or change to the shape of your choice Ingredients 1 large egg white ½ teaspoon lemon juice ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon […]
Last updated on Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:18 amSimple recipe for Boerewors Pastry Rolls – serve as a light lunch or a starter Ingredients 1x200g puff pastry 300g thick Championship Boerewors, pan-fried Bunch of spring onion, finely chopped 200g peppadew, […]