Last updated on Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:18 am
A different take on the traditional braaibroodjie, how about trying a Bov-roll instead?!
Chicken, cheese and Bovril plus soft Portuguese rolls and onion. This combo is sure to get the tastebuds singing.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp BOVRIL
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce to taste
- 2 Portuguese rolls
- 1 cup mature cheddar
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 medium gherkins, sliced lengthways
- Melted butter for brushing
- Season chicken breast strips with salt, freshly ground pepper and place into a relatively hot pan with olive oil.
- Turn continuously until just cooked through and tender.
- Toss in Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce.
- Cut rolls in half.
- To assemble, place half the chicken on each roll, top with half the red onion, half the gherkin and half the cheese.
- Close with the top half of the roll and butter both sides with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Recipe for spicy pork burgers served with a delicious peach and chilli salsa…
Lovely braai recipe for portobello mushroom egg cups – top with bacon for a salty twist…
Recipe for Gourmet Boerie Rolls with caramelised onions…
Keep the chill away this weekend with a hearty beef or chicken stew.
Last updated on Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:18 amRecipe for a feast of rainbow coloured Roast Vegetables, topped with Tahini Drizzle Ingredients 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 small butternut, peeled and cut into wedges or rounds 1 large red onion, […]