A different take on the traditional braaibroodjie, how about trying a Bov-roll instead?!
Chicken, cheese and Bovril plus soft Portuguese rolls and onion. This combo is sure to get the tastebuds singing.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp BOVRIL
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce to taste
- 2 Portuguese rolls
- 1 cup mature cheddar
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 medium gherkins, sliced lengthways
- Melted butter for brushing
- Season chicken breast strips with salt, freshly ground pepper and place into a relatively hot pan with olive oil.
- Turn continuously until just cooked through and tender.
- Toss in Wellington’s Red Pepper Hot Sauce.
- Cut rolls in half.
- To assemble, place half the chicken on each roll, top with half the red onion, half the gherkin and half the cheese.
- Close with the top half of the roll and butter both sides with melted butter.
- Pop into the grid and braai, turning continuously until golden and toasted.
You might also like:
Pizza Dogs recipe – a fun recipe for the kids or the young at heart Ingredients 1 sachet (40g) All Gold Tomato Sauce ½ green pepper, finely diced 150g diced bacon 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander 30ml (2 tbsps) white […]
10 Minute dinner recipe for Walnut and Sage Ravioli – a easy, cheesy and comforting meal Ingredients 250g Ready made ravioli 3 tablespoons salted butter a generous handful sage leaves (about 20 should do) 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and roughly […]
Recipe for dried strawberry rolls – a healthy sweet treat…
Recipe for mayonnaise roast vegetable salad tossed with rocket and feta cheese…
Healthy breakfast recipe for Quinoa Breakfast Buddha Bowls Ingredients 1 cup Tipiak Quinoa Gourmand, rinsed 2tbsp honey or xylitol, or to taste 2 cups almond or coconut milk (or a combination of the milk and water) ½tsp either ground cinnamon […]