2 cups orange sweet potato or butternut, cubed and cooked
· 2 cups brown rice/barley/spelt, cooked
· 2 cups frozen shelled edamame beans, or fresh peas, blanched
· 2 cups trimmed and roughly chopped sugar
snap peas or thinly sliced broccoli florets
· 2 cups chopped red cabbage, spinach, lettuce, or kale (ribs removed)
2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and thinly sliced into long strips
· 1 small cucumber, very thinly sliced
· Thinly sliced spring onion
· Lemon wedges
· Sesame seeds
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Divide the rice/veggie mixture and raw veggies into 4 bowls. Arrange cucumber slices around the edge of the bowl. Place a lemon wedge or 2 in each bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and micro herbs.
When you’re ready to serve, divide the avocado into the bowls. Lightly drizzle with the dressing, squeeze lemon juice over the avocado, followed by a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds and sea salt.
Whizz all ingredients together in a blender, add a couple of tablespoons of cold water if necessary to reach a pouring consistency.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please rate this recipe
Recipe and Image courtesy of South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA)