One of the sweetest things about the festive season is spending time with our nearest and dearest. Get busy in the kitchen baking these fun Christmas tree cupcakes with the kids.
We found this fun and easy recipe on Party Pieces, Carol Middleton’s website Party Pieces and we just can’t wait to try it.
You will need…
- Piping bag
- 1m star nozzle
- Cupcake tray
- Cooling rack
- Electric whisk
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 170g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 200g soft butter/margarine
- 180g soft light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
For the buttercream icing:
- 800g icing sugar, sifted
- 400g butter, softened
- Green gel food colouring
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Your choice of festive sprinkles
- Preheat your oven – 180°C / 160°C fan / 350°F / gas mark 4 – and place 12 festive cupcake cases in a cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, beat all the cupcake ingredients together until smooth and combined. This is best done with an electric whisk or stand mixer but can also be done by a good old wooden spoon!
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until risen.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely on a cooling rack before icing
Buttercream icing method:
- For the icing, ensure the butter is soft then add to a bowl and beat until smooth. Gradually stir in the icing sugar. When you have added all the icing sugar, beat for two to three minutes then add several drops of green food colouring to make the green buttercream. TIP: If you think your icing is a little thick, add the two tablespoons of milk.
- Spoon the butter icing into a large piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe the icing into three squeezes one on top of each other, getting smaller each time. Then lift the nozzle slowly at the top to create the peak of the Christmas tree. Decorate with your choice of festive sprinkles and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Drink to the weekend or any other occasion in the comfort of your own home with there classic cocktails you can make yourself
Make the most of juicy summer Mangoes with this sweet and savoury salad perfect for a braai or picnic. Ingredients • 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced • 100g smoked beef • 100g baby leaf salad or microgreens • […]
Although this quick and easy trifle recipe uses store-bought items it is still delicious and best of all only takes about 5 minutes to make assemble. Ingredients 1 store-bought sponge cake (Checkers has a great Madeira cake) A drizzle […]
Get creative in the kitchen with the kids with these delicious and spicy ginger cookies. The perfect teat time snack!
Try this delicious butternut dish for your special family meals and every other day too.
Please rate this recipe
Recipe by Olivia Chamberlain courtesy of Pary pieces