Fluffy and warm breakfast flapjacks filled with sweet, hidden fruits and yoghurt made with Squish Apple, Banana + Yoghurt Puree.
Made with Squish 100% vegetable purees these recipes are a convenient way to make delicious home-made recipes.
- 20 g or 80 ml (⅓ C) baby cereal
- 250 ml (1 C) cake flour
- 30 ml (2 T) sugar
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 1 ml (¼ t) salt
- 45 ml (3 T) butter, melted
- 250 ml (1 C) milk
- 110 ml pouch Squish Apple, Banana + Yoghurt Puree
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
- to serve: fresh bananas, honey and / or butter
- Place the cereal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk together the butter, milk, Squish Apple, Banana + Yoghurt Puree and eggs.
- Whisk the Squish Puree mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- For each flapjack, add 15 – 30 ml (1-2 T) of the batter to the pan.
- Fry until bubbles appear on the surface of the flapjack and then flip over the flapjack and fry for a few minutes more until the flapjack is firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with bananas, honey and/or butter.
Cooking tip: Instead of adding more oil to the pan for each batch, simply wipe the pan with a lightly oiled piece of paper kitchen towel.
Please rate this recipe