These fun animal cookies are a great family activity and would be awesome for a forest-themed birthday party, tea party or baby shower.
- 360g (3 cups) cake flour
- 3ml baking powder
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 220g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the softened butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat to incorporate.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the flour, beating well until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Remove dough from bowl, divide in half, place between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to a 5mm thickness per batch. Use a hedgehog cookie cutter to cut out your shapes. You can also use leave shapes or any other animal shapes you have that will fit into the theme.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven until crisp and golden, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then decorate with melted brown and white chocolate.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
WARNING: You might never buy peanut butter again after making this tasty and low-effort homemade peanut butter recipe
Rich in fibre from the oats, potassium from the bananas and antioxidants from the blueberries these blueberry oats bites are a win for you and your child.
Arrange the Sea Harvest Fish Fingers and McCain Smiles onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Season with salt as soon as they come out of the oven.
A Friday night treat for the whole family! Complete with delicious homemade tartar sauce.
Ready in 30 minutes! A tasty meal the whole family will love. Crisp & Chunky with McCain Hawaiian Stir Fry and Sweet & Sour Sauce
Please rate this recipe
Visit www.foodandhome.co.za for more great baking recipes.