Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:02 pm
Beef and avocado wraps
- 80g avocado
- 50g carrot
- 50g cucumber
- 125g fat-free smooth cottage cheese
- 210g sliced beef rump
- 100g tomato
- 10ml Weigh-Less Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Weigh-Less Tortilla Wraps
- Grate the carrots and cucumber and mix with the diced tomato, season and set aside.
- Mash together the avocado and cottage cheese, add the lemon juice and seasoning and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the beef strips until golden and cooked through.
- Place the wraps on a flat working surface, top with the veg mixture, a few strips of fried beef and a spoonful of the avocado mash.
- Roll closed, secure with a toothpick and serve.
Chicken sausages and cherry tomato kebabs
If you add button mushrooms to these kebabs, you can make them bigger and enjoy them with a braai as well!
- 8 chicken sausages
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Bay leaves
- Herb salt
- 30ml olive oil
- Kebab or ice cream sticks
- Cut the sausages in half and skewer them onto a kebab or ice cream stick, alternating with a bay leaf and cherry tomato.
- Season with herbal salt or veggie seasoning and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill for 10–12 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Macon, chicken rashers or pork chipolata sausages can also be used.
- Use halloumi cheese for a vegetarian option instead of the sausages.
- Make a glaze using a couple of teaspoons wholegrain mustard and honey and baste the kebabs while grilling them.
- Larger kebabs can also be made by adding button mushrooms.
Mini puff sausage rolls
- 12 mini beef or pork sausages
- Ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 200g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a thickness of about 2cm.
- Cut strips lengthwise across the pastry, wide enough to accommodate the sausage. Roll each sausage in the puff pastry, cutting off the remaining pastry.
- Place the rolled sausages on a lightly greased baking tray, sprinkle the cheese over them, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the puff pastry has risen and is lightly browned.
Mini chicken prego rolls
- 4 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 8 mini pita pockets
- ¼ cup light mayo
- For the marinade
- 4 tbsp honey or apricot jam
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chutney
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and allow to marinade for 1–4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill on a hot grill pan for approx. 8 minutes on each side.