Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:02 pm
Make Valentine’s Day extra special for your little one with these yummy treats.
Peanut butter and jam heart sandwiches
- 2 tbs black cat peanut butter
- 2 tbs All Gold Strawberry Jam
- 2 slices bread
- Cut bread slices into heart shapes using a large cookie cutter, or make a template out of cardboard. Carefully cut around the template with a sharp knife.
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread, and spread the jam on the other slice.
- You can join the two together or serve them as open sandwiches.
Heart shaped jam biscuits
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup All Gold Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 160 °C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Beat the butter and 2/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla, then flour and salt.
- Shape the dough into two disks; wrap one in plastic and refrigerate.
- On a floured surface, roll out the remaining disk to about a 1 cm thick. Cut out biscuits with a 6cm round or heart-shaped cutter.
- Use a smaller heart cutter to cut a window out of half of the biscuits.
- With a spatula, carefully transfer the biscuits to the baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake the biscuits in batches until the edges of the cookies are just golden (10 to 12 minutes).
- Let them cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer them onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 3/4 tsp jam over the flat side of each biscuit that doesn’t have a window. Top with the remaining cookies, flat side down, so that the jam shows through the windows.
- Carefully sift 3 tbsp icing sugar over the biscuits.
Chocolate brownie cookie sandwiches with peanut butter cream filling
*Makes 30 cookies, 15 sandwiches
- 80g butter
- 120g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temp)
- 40g cocoa
- 60g Sasko Cake Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
Peanut butter cream icing
- 75g butter (at room temp
- 150g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 80g peanut butter
- Heat the butter in a bowl and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric beater until light and thick (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients as well as the chocolate/butter mix to the egg and sugar and beat until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Put it into the fridge for 30min-1hour, until it has formed a stiff enough cookie dough to shape into balls.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease and line two large baking trays.
- Spoon dollops of the cookie dough into your palms, roll into balls about the size of large marbles and place on the baking sheets at least 5 centimetres apart as they will spread as they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes – they should still be slightly gooey in the middle when you take them out of the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly before taking off the baking paper and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the icing
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and the icing sugar in bowl on low speed until combined, then up the speed to medium and beat until thick and light in colour.
- Add the peanut butter and milk and beat for a further minute or two on medium until you have a smooth, soft, silky icing.
Make the cookie sandwiches by spreading a little of the icing onto half of the cookies and then seal them with the remaining half of the biscuits. Store in an airtight container.