Last updated on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 02:02 pm
Low Fat Chicken Salad Sandwich
Serves 2 – 3
- 2-3 pieces Low GI Seeded Brown Bread
- 250g cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 80g (2 stalks) celery
- ½ apple
- 4 tbsp low fat/fat free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs to serve
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and put into a large bowl.
- Cut the celery into similar sized slices and add to the chicken.
- Thinly slice the apple and add to the celery and chicken.
- Pour in the yoghurt and mustard and stir to combine.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and place a slice on each plate. Share the chicken salad between the toasts and garnish with fresh herbs.
Salad on a stick
Serves 4 – 6
- 2 ripe Italian tomatoes
- 4 Israeli cucumbers
- 2 rounds feta cheese
- 4 baby gem lettuces
- 6 bamboo sticks
- Wash all the ingredients. Cut the lettuce in half, quarter the tomatoes, and cut the cucumbers into rings.
- Thread the ingredients onto skewers and serve.
Drizzle with a balsamic reduction and olive oil, and serve with ciabatta bread – it makes a great starter.
- 1 ½ cups Pouyoukas whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of your choice of chopped / sliced nuts
- 1 / 3 cup Pouyoukas omega seed mix
- ½ cup goji berries, or your choice of dried fruit
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbs xylitol
- 2 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine the Pouyoukas whole rolled oats, nuts, the seed mix, cinnamon and salt, and mix well.
- Whisk the xylitol, honey or syrup, vanilla and oil together in a smaller bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and toss until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the granola evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes until browned. Add the goji berries / dried fruit in the last five minutes of baking.